Sleepy Wigglesworth Rebels At Sunrise Construction Din

Plagued by early morning insomnia from overtime Lamont Library construction, 55 bleary-eyed residents of A through D entries in Wigglesworth Hall yesterday petitioned Aldrich Durant, business manager of the University, and the Student Council for a cessation of 6 o'clock dawn construction.

"We are perfectly willing, for the sake of the College, to accustom ourselves to the construction noises between 8 o'clock in the morning and 4 o'clock in the afternoon," said Ken Nedrie '50, petition promoter.

"However, we feel that it is definitely taking advantage of the students paying the usual rent for operations to begin at 6 o'clock in the morning, as has been the practice during the last month.

"Examinations are approaching," the petition complained. "As it is impossible to work in the rooms in the daytime, late study hours are necessary. Even the Hygiene Department would not approve of going to bed at 12 o'clock midnight and being awakened by the noise at 6:30 o'clock."

Night Overtime Sought

The petition asked overtime work to start at 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

One A entry resident voiced an unusual inconvenience yesterday. "I don't mind the drilling and sawing in the early morning. I don't mind the hammering. The trouble is that the workmen tell all their jokes in Italian, and I don't understand Italian."