Grapplers Tip Wesleyan for Shutout Win

Like M.I.T., Wesleyan could not produce a wrestler capable of beating one of Chief Boston's 1947 brood. Taking two bouts by falls, one by default and the rest by comfortable decisions, the varsity wrestling team rolled to a 30 to 0 win over the team from Middletown yesterday afternoon in Connecticut.

Boston's amazing lightweights once again came through with the falls of the meet as Dave Coombs pinned Jim Silliman in the 121-pound class in 2:04; and at 128 Lee Nutt pinned Bob Selvin in 3:20. In the 136-pound division the parade continued as Pat Bowditch won and easy 10 to 5 decision.

Ray Beats Clam

Dan Ray met a clam-like wrestler in the 145-pound class and ended up winning an uninteresting 3 to 0 decision, while at 155 Sandy Jones took a default when his opponent left the mat with a dislocated elbow. Don Louria had little trouble with Wesleyan's highly-rated captain Frank Bowles in 165 and topped him 11 to 6, in the best bout of the meet.

Wrestling his first bout of the year, Bob Claflin walked away with the 175-pound class with a 4 to 2 decision over Ernest Koehler, as 191-pound captain Pete Fuller followed up with a 6 to 2 decision over Jim Burton.