Band Resurrects Joys of College for Boston Alumni with 'Wintergreen' and Ivy Tunes

Ninety musicians of the University Band treated members of the Harvard Club of Boston to a generous helping of college song and medleys last night at a special concert in the Club's Commonwealth Avenue home.

Under the baton of Malcolm R. Rolmes '28, the band brought the alumni back to college days will expert renditions of the Ivy League medicy's by F. Leroy Anderson '29, and many other Crimson, Tiger, and Eli tunes.

The enthusiastic graduate audience applauded "Harvardiana," "Ten Thousand Men," "Fair Harvard," and two John Phillip Sousa marches, while a special encore of "Wintergreen for President" climaxed the evening.

Ten of the pieces performed last night are included in the band's recently recorded "Ivy League Album," obtainable through the group's office in the Paine Music Building.

After further appearances at basketball and hockey games, the musicians of the Crimson will display their tuneful wares at a series of concerts in neighboring colleges, and later in the spring hope to make some "extended tours," according to band manager Walter J. Shinner '48.