Debate Duo Wins One-Sided Battle With Osgood Hall

Snapping back from defeat earlier in the week by the University of California, the Debate Council won a unanimous decision against Osgood Hall on Friday in the Dunster House Senior Common Room. The winners argued affirmatively on the topic, "Resolved," That the closed shop should be declared illegal."

Speaking for the Crimson were James Ryan '49 and Jerrold P. Bahn '49. Their Toronto opponents included Darrel Drapkin and Sidney Robins. Osgood Hall is the largest law school in Canada.

Bahn Best Speaker

Judges of the contest, third this term for the Debate Council, included: Arthur G. Aubie, teaching fellow in Economics: Archibald J. Byrne '40, teaching fellow in English; and Cleveland C. Cram, Jr. '41, teacing fellow in Government. The judges were unanimous in their decision that Bahn was the most able speaker of the evening.

All three of the Debate Council contests held this term have been on labor subjects, and the Crimson wranglers have won two and lost one. The Council has a scheduled double-header for Friday, when one team will meet Drew University here and another will face Columbia in New York. Competitions for new places on the Council will be opened early in March, it has been announced.