Chess Club Takes Impressive Lead In Crucial Match

In a match to determine the Metropolitan League Chess Championship, the University Chess Club established a decisive 2 1/2-1 1/2 lead over the Boylston Chess Club Last night.

Winners of matches played at the Y.M.C.U. were John A. Moore, of Eliot House, and William H. Watts '50. Niel Bernstein 2L drew in his match, while Julian J. Leavitt '49 dropped his contest. The match between George Price '44, and Monthero of the Bolyston Club, was incomplete and will be finished next week.

The Club is holding a "Rapid Transit" tournament in the Kirkland House Junior Common Room on Monday at 7.30 o'clock. All interested are invited to participate, Peter T. Rado '49 club treasurer, announced.

Those wishing to enter should leave their names at Kirkland L-32 or call POR 8786 before Monday.

"Rapid Transit" is like ordinary chess except that the players are allowed only ten seconds per move. The high scorers in the preliminary round will play a final round to determine the winners who will receives prizes of books on chess.