'50 Red Book Poll Asks Opinions on Women, Politics

Yardlings Must Return Blanks Today to Speed Counting

'50 Red Book editors are asking members of the class to express preference in liquor, women, music, and other fields of amusement through a poll currently being distributed in the Union.

Due today, the questionnaires are to be filled out and returned to collection boxes in the Union, Matthews 40, Weld 6, or Leavitt and Pierce Company, so that tabulation of the answers can begin.

Robert J. Blinken '50, editor of the Red Book, requested last night that class members be prompt in returning the blanks. Members of the class who are living in Houses can pick up their copies of the poll in the Union of in Matthews 40 today.

Politics Probed

The questionnaire asks, among other things, whether members of the class are prohibitionists or anarchists in their political views, and who is their choice for President in 1943. It touches the field of athletics with a query on who was the University's outstanding athlete for the past year.

The question for which editors expect the greatest variety of answers is, "What one thing does Harvard need most?" The poll adds a postscript to that one: "Remember, we are co-ed; we have Radcliffe."