International Activities Committee To Distribute New Magazine Today

'Bulletin' to Feature Information on Student Relief, Travel and Study; Will Be Available at Libraries and Bulletin Boards in Universities Throughout the Country.

With material drawn from the files of international relief and educational groups, foreign embassies, and government officers, the first issue of the Students International Activities Bulletin will go into national circulation today, the International Activities Committee of the Student Council announced yesterday.

Prepared and financed as a project of the National Continuations Committee, set up at Chicago during the National Students Conference, the monthly Bulletin will present what Editor William J. Richard, Jr. '49, believes to be "the first overall compilation in its field."

Its articles will present information "on all phases of international student reconstruction, travel, and foreign study activities." Special emphasis will be placed on opportunities for study abroad, summer rehabilitation work, and on relief campaigns such as the current food drive.

"In general, this information has a tendency to bury itself under mountains of official papers," Francis D. Fisher '47, assistant to the Editor, noted yesterday. "We plan to remedy this situation by distributing our magazine to student governments and newspapers wherever there may be interested readers."

At the University, the magazine will be available at all major libraries, and will be posted on bulletin board throughout the College and graduate schools.

Besides Richard and Fisher, the editorial board includes members of the International Activities Committee of the Students Council and volunteers working from an office in Phillips Brooks House. Staff members will be on hand from 4 to 6 o'clock daily, to answer any question that may arise concerning foreign study or relief projects.

Richard and Fisher pointed out that the facts on foreign study would include both winter and summer work, intending to provide information both for vacationing students, and for those wishing to spend their post-graduate years in study abroad.