Quintet Opposes Quakers Tonight At Boston Garden

Barelay to Retain Lineup Used Against Columbia Saturday; Visitors Third in Ivy League

By Irvin M. Horowitz

The varsity basketball team will attempt to extend its newly-acquired role of "spoiler" in the Ivy League to the University of Pennsylvania quintet tonight when the teams meet at the Boston Garden at 9:30 o'clock.

This is the same band of Quakers which edged the Crimson, 60 to 56, at Philadelphia two weeks ago, but Coach Bill Barclay is hopeful that the familiar atmosphere of the Garden court and the heightened performance of his squad as indicated by its thrashing of Columbia on Saturday, will prove of sufficient strength to turn back Penn.

Colberg to Play

The Red and Blue numbers among its representatives one "Chink" Crossin, captain of the team, whose 120 points in eight Ivy contests place him just one point ahead of the Varsity's George Hauptfuhrer in the league's individual scoring parade. Crossin is in fifth place, while Hauptfuhrer is sixth.

Another performer for Coach Don Kellett's squad will be center Jack Colberg, a six-foot-six-inch pivot man who did not play against the Crimson in their earlier meeting because of a leg injury. Colberg, with 107 points, is a notch below Hauptfuhrer among the league's scorers.

No Varsity Changes

Coach Barelay will make no changes in the slightly revised starting lineup he used against Columbia. Leo Page and Steve Davis will share forward positions, Hauptfuhrer is entrenched at center, and Captain Saul Mariaschin and Bill Brady will handle the guard duties.

Penn, with six wins in nine Ivy League starts, is currently third in league competition, and cannot afford to lose tonight if it hopes to give Columbia and Cornell a race for the title. The Varsity, by virtue of its upset triumph over the Lions, has moved into fourth place.

A somewhat prosaic preliminary at the Garden tonight, scheduled to begin at 7:45 o'clock, features Boston College and Boston University.

The lineups: HARVARD  PENN Page  lf  Crossin Davis  rf  Wettlaufer Hauptfuhrer  c  Colberg Mariaschin  lg  Novak Brady  rg  Heindel