Nine Faces Columbia in Second Ivy Tilt

BC Game Postponed: Reilly to Start Against Lion Sluggers Led by Catcher Bill Swiacki

Coach Dolph Samborski will send his baseball team into its second Ivy League little this season and its first contest on home grounds today when the nine faces Columbia on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.

It will be the eighth start for the Varsity. The scheduled game with Boston College yesterday was frozen out, but a return match has been set tentatively for tomorrow afternoon, and will be played also in the Gothic highlands of Newton.

Swiacki Stands Out

Columbia's big gun this year is Bill Swiacki, present catcher and a standout end with the football team. Rounding out the starting battery, Coach Andy Coakley will send Tellef Tellefson to the mound. His squad is strengthened by four members of last year's team, and is further colored by several gridiron greats left over from the fall.

The Lions in two League games this spring have clinched a 7 to 6 win over Princeton and endured an 11 to 2 drubbing at the hands of Dartmouth, while the Varsity boasts of a 2 to 1 victory over Penn in its only League match, played at Philadelphia during the recent vacation road trip.

Reilly Will Start

Samborski is letting veteran hurler Bren Reilly start for the home team with Bill Hamlen behind the bat. Reilly will have had a six-day rest since he set down Northeastern with one run during his last outing. The rest of the starting lineup is unchanged.

Early-season batting weaknesses had Samborski worried, but lately the team has shown up pretty well at the plate. Walt Coulson, Saul Mariaschin, and Bill Fitz have proved themselves the strongest of the Crimson hitters.

Defensively, the team's play has been highlighted by the work of John Coppinger, whose third base coverage has been consistently excellent. HARVARD  COLUMBIA Forte, 2b  Buckley, 3b Caulfield, cf  Swiacki, W., c Fitz, 1b  Borylo, ss Coulson, 1f  Klemovich, 1b Lunder, rf  Karas, 2b Mariaschin, ss  Lolordo, rf Coppinger, 3b  Hickerson, cf Hamlen, c  Kasprzak, 1f Reilly, p  Tellefson, p