Top PBH Posts Go To Lipton, Fialkow

Charles Lipton '48 of Lowell House and New York City and Jay L. Fialkow '48 of Adams House and Brookline will direct the extensive social service and welfare activities of Phillips Brooks House for the coming year, following their elections yesterday as president and vice-president respectively.

Lipton, who succeeds Ray A. Goldberg '48 as head of PBH, has served during the past year as vice-president. A Junior and a graduate of High School of Science, he first became affiliated with PBH in October, 1945 as a member of the War Service Committee.

Membership on the War Service Committee was also Fialkow's introduction to PBH work. Before entering Harvard he attended Cambridge Academy, and has served as chairman of the Brooks House Speakers and Entertainers Committee since September, 1946.

Both Lipton and Fialkow are honors candidates, with the former a concentrator in Biology and the latter in the field of Economics. Lipton is at present coxswain of the Varsity 150-pound crew, while Fialkow rowed on the informal crew his Freshman year.