Baseball Team Meets Penn, Crew Rows at Annapolis To Keynote Crimson Sports Action on 15 Fronts Today

Navy, M.I.T., and Penn Furnish Opposition for Varsity Boat

Tom Bolles' 1947 crew, with one victory tucked securely under its belt, faces three strong contenders today as it takes to the water at Annapolis against Navy, Penn, and M.I.T. in Varsity and Jayvee races.

Navy has dropped but one race--to Yale last weekend--while Penn was edged by Rutgers and Princeton in an early season start. Apparently satisfied with the showing of his first shell last week. Bolles has made only one change in his boating, bringing cox Sam King up from the Jayvee crew to lead the Varsity.

Practice on Severn

Crimson oarsmen got their first taste of Severn waters yesterday in two workouts held after their mid-morning arrival from Boston. Today they will probably run the course once in the morning, although the length of the workout will depend on the Maryland temperature.

The Severn racecourse, unlike that on the Charles, is a tidal stream. Bolles said before leaving Cambridge that the crews would probably row with the tide leaving the starting line at about 8 o'clock.

While the heavies are engaged at Annapolis, Hert Haines will send his 150. pound boats against the Tech light-weights and Tabor Academy in a late-afternoon informal race here, starting on the Charles River Basin at about 4:30 o'clock.

Howie Hall's Varsity lightweights, runaway victors in their race-last week, will go into this contest with their boating unchanged, as will the smooth-rowing Freshman shell. Both of these boats showed nice form in taking their opening races last week