NSO Attracts 20 Delegates To Cambridge

Talks on Constitution Planned To Open Meeting; Discussion Of Policies Also on Agenda

National Student Organization representatives from approximately to New England colleges will convene in Emerson Hall at 1 o'clock today to devise a joint general platform to be followed at the NSO national convention slated for September at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

"With a series of four meetings scheduled for today and tomorrow, discussion at the New England regional convention will center around the NSO constitution draft prepared by the staff and executive committee of the NSO," Miss Miriam Haskell, Smith '47, and temporary regional chairwoman, asserted last night.

"Particular attention will be paid to the areas of disagreement in the constitution so that new members of the regional committee will be better acquainted will all issues bound to come up at the national convention," Miss Haskell said.

"Delegates should be thinking of how they would like campuses as well as regional and national committees, to operate," she added.

Review Regional Report

The two-day series of meetings will also hear the regional activities report, campus reports of special activities, review of World Youth Festival plans, and a talk by the East coast chairman for publicity.

In addition to Harvard, representatives will be present from at least Smith, Radcliffe, Northeastern, Williams, Boston College, Holy Cross, American International Anna Moris, Assumption, Massachusetts State, Regis, River, Salvos Teachers, and Wheaton. Other colleges in the Boston area are expected to attend although no answers have been received from them.

Harvard will be represented by Charles R. Conklin '48, Francis D. Fisher '47, and Selig S. Harrison '48.