ROTC Plans Will Include Air Corps Desk Job Course

An Air Force training program will be offered to R.O.T.C. applicants in addition to the traditional Field Artillery course, Colonel Marc McClure, commandant of the Harvard Unit, announced early this week to incoming students.

Although flight training is not included in the new program, training will be instructed in Air Force organization, inspection systems, navigation, aeronautics, combat intelligence, air operations, and guide missles.

Flight Possibilities

For those more intrepid students who desire flight training, there is hope in pending legislation which would allocate funds enabling senior R.O.T.C. men to obtain solo hours at private flying schools, Graduates of the newly inaugurated curriculum who want to get from desk to control panel will have a priority second only to West Pointers in the national training program for flying officers.

Air Force trainees will receive the same basic instruction as Ground Force students for the first two years. Their Junior year will find them diverted to subjects indigenous to the Air Corps. More vigorous specialization will take place in the Senior year.

Lt. Col. Converse B. Kelly, head of the new program, finds present plans "in accordance with the national policy of maintaining a well trained and well organized reserve."