Weekend of Radcliffe Registration Gives Dorm Living to 287 Freshmen

Four-day orientation for 287 new Radcliffe Freshmen begins today in a new move designed to give the entire class, commuters and residents alike, a chance to get together before the beginning of the term. Acclimation starts with an evening welcome by Dean Mildred P. Sherman and an all-girl party tonight in each dormitory.

Similar orientation on Radcliffe as far as College men are concerned always means a Saturday night dance at Agas-six Hall the first weekend of the term. There the new model co-ed has traditionally been on display to all connoisseurs.

To avoid the excessive crowding which has always characterized these affairs in the past admission this Saturday will be by ticket only. Upperclassmen will be barred in an effort to get a reasonable male-female ratio.

Radcliffe's student government is responsible for the coming weekend program, which will enable the 100 non-residents to live briefly in the Quadrangle. One-third of the girls in the entire institution commute in contrast with four percent of College men.

"This is the only time during the whole year that the Freshman class will live together as a unit," declared Dean Sherman yesterday. "The weekend should add considerably to College spirit."

In line with spirit building a student government mass meeting will be held tomorrow night ending with a sing. During the afternoon for the more talented Vocalists choral tryouts will be held in the Ghirlandajo Room of Agassiz from 2 to 4 o'clock.

Along with their Harvard counterparts 'Cliffe Freshmen will labor through placement tests in languages, sciences, and their own physical condition. Guided tours, an Iller play, and a Radio Radcliffe demonstration also sprinkle the weekend.