Juggler Wins Top Billing on Student Theatrical Listings

Everything from after-dinner speakers to ventriloquists--that's the lineup of acts which the Student Employment Service is booking this year.

Auditions started yesterday in Phillips Brooks House, and student entertainers will continue to go through their paces until Friday evening. By that time the local employment bureau hopes to line up all the acts that it can offer for children's parties, fraternal banquets, and little men's chowder and marching societies.

First on the program yesterday was Hugh Shepley '51, pictured at right practicing his specialty as a ringer in the annual Wellesley hoop races. Shepley also claimed acquaintanceship with indian clubs, rubber balls, and chinaware.

Other acts which the employment service will watch include magicians, bagpipers, puppeteers, balancing feats, and soft shoe routines. When auditions are over, it will prepare a brochure for circulation, listing the specialties it can provide for every occasion.

Several hundred are expected to register for listing before the tryouts end. The auditions and the pamphlet are innovations which the agency hopes will aid it in its task of finding jobs for students in the theatrical line.