Shutouts Prevail As Eliot, Kirkland Conquer in Intras

Eliot House, defending intramural football champions, romped to a 25 to 0 win over benumbed Dunster, and Kirkland defeated Leverett, 19 to 0, in inter-House grid contests yesterday.

Rainy weather, which left Soldiers Field in muddy condition, did not hinder the powerful ground attacks of the Mastodons and the Deacons, who combined fast backfields with hard-charging line play to run up their decisive victory margins.

Jim Rossiter, Eliot tailback, got off with the longest run of the day, going 95 yards around end for his team's second score. Previously, the defending champions had marched 60 yards in the first quarter, with Dave Wheeler going over from the three for the first tally.

Pass Play Connects

The Eliot team scored once more in the second half with Harry Guild scoring on a 50 yard pass play from Dave McGiffert. A short reverse in the third quarter, with Wheeler carrying, ended the scoring.

Kirkland unpacked all of its scoring punch in the first half and kept Leverett's offense to a standstill throughout the whole game. The Deacon's wingback Jacques Winters went around left end for the first touchdown. He also converted for the extra point.