Feather in Her Cap

The Community Fund drive received now impetus last Monday night at the University Theater when Anne Spencer, a student nurse from Mt. Auburn Hospital, was chosen Miss Red Feather of Cambridge. She joins Betty Heaton, Radcliffe '51, as another reigning queen of the charity drive.

Miss Spencer, a native of Concord and a graduate of Concord High, is in her last year as a student nurse at the hospital. Miss Heaton is only a sophomore.

As Miss Cambridge, Anne Spencer is eligible for the giant contest later this month to choose the miss Red Feather of 1948. The winner of the finals receives a scholarship and a screen test.

A full house was on hand at the U. T. Monday to witness the judging when Miss Spencer was chosen over thirteen other girls from all over Cambridge. Miss Radcliffe Red Feather was on hand at the theater, but did not compete for the Cambridge title.

The Red Feather campaign is the annual combined charity drive of Greater Boston. It will wind up operations shortly before Thanksgiving.