Puritans Top Adams 6 to 2; Dunster Wins

Close, hard fought, and erratic football is the rule in the Inter-House League these days.

Yesterday, on Soldiers Field, this rule was pushed to its extremes when Winthrop plucked a 6 to 2 win from Adam and Dunster won over Dudley Hall 6 to 0.

Winthrop was in tough straights all afternoon. Bob Cameron, high speed specialist of the Puritan offense, got away on a 35 yard run and the only touchdown of the game on a fake reverse. From then on the Gold Coasters took over virtual control of the ball and late in the fourth quarter pushed it deep into Winthrop territory.

Here the game was decided. Winthrop tightened up and held Adams for downs on the seven. With only 40 seconds left to play, Winthrop tried to stall the game on their goal line until the whistle, but Adams defensive strongman Tim Wall is broke through the Puritan wall and dumped an end run in the end zone for a safety.

Hard Tackling

In the other House game, Dunster tried the Dudley ends for the first half with little success. Commuter quarterback Dave Bishop playing in the backer up position accounted for most of the Dunster offensive difficulties with his hard hitting tackles.

Dunster used, its "T" formation through the center of the line during the second half and made one sustained short gain drive into Commuter territory, and Eliot against Leveret.