A Long, Long Time . . .

One hundred and fifty years of service to the cause of Harvard athletics were honored by the HAA at a dinner in Carey Field House Wednesday night.

Three groundskeepers. Thomas J. Sullivan, Michael J. Holly, and Michael Dwyer (shown from left to right above), who between them have put in over a century and a half of work on local athletic fields, received silver cigarette lighters from HAA director Bill Bingham, and humidors and pipes from their fellow employees at the dinner.

Holly groomed Crimson tracks from 1893 until his retirement two years ago. His 53 years of service is the longest of the three men honored.

Sullivan, who was official flag-raiser at Soldiers Field up to his retirement last June, started work for the HAA in 1900. He hasn't missed a Harvard-Yale game, since 1910, and he unhesitatingly picks the Crimson as a winner in this year's affair.

Youngest of the three men honored, Dwyer came to Harvard in 1903 and is scheduled for retirement in February. He supervises the marking of all playing fields.