Burglars Snatch $250 Haul from Grays Hall Suite

Prowling burglars found an unlocked door on the third floor of Grays Hall Saturday night, entered, and walked off with over $250 worth of loot.

Several bottles of liquor, a movie camera, a still camera, a cigarette case, one shirt, one topcoat and a few ties and socks were stolen from the Grays 11-12 suite of four sophomores between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. Sunday.

"It was our fault," David Calirl and Paul Ziluca both '51, said last night. "We usually lock the door but Saturday we didn't and that's what happened."

At 11:30 p.m. Ziluca related, Joseph M. Walsh '51, another roommate, left the suite. The other occupants, including Robert H. Knox '51, had been out of the room most of the evening.

Yale friends of the robbery victims planned to stay in the room overnight before heading back to New Haven, so Walsh left the door unlocked and the lights on, so that they could get in.

Calirl returned at 1 a.m. and found every bureau drawer thrown open and the room disarranged. "I didn't think much of it." he said yesterday, explaining that he believed one of his room-mates had been searching for something.

Yesterday morning Ziluca and Calirl noted the absence of the liqueur bottles, and started looking around, In a few minutes they discovered the extent of the theft.

After viewing the seene of the robbery last night, Sergeant Toomey of the University force blamed it on the room occupant's "carelessness" in not locking the door