Wrestlers and Swimmers Open Seasons Today

Alumni Squad Is Pool Opposition

Six of Harvard's greatest swimmers are coming back to the Blockhouse tonight, but coach Hal Ulen isn't going to spend much time talking over old times with them. Starting at 8:15 p.m., competition starts for this year's squad, and Ulen is going to have his hands full.

Big man for the alumni is Charlie Untter '38. He still holds pool records in the 50, 100, and 220-yd. freestyle, and when he races tomorrow the 50-yd. frestyle should be his race. Don Barker '38 is with him in this event against. Mort Hull and Shep Brown for the Crimson.

Russ Greenwood '39 returns today for the three-meter dive. Ulen calls him the Crimson's "best all-time diver," and three consecutive firsts in the Eastern Intercollegiates from 1937 to 1939 bear out this statement. George Dana '36 and Henry Fitts '35 will join him when Gordon Wier, Wayne Barnet, and possibly Tom Drohan challenge the alumni on the board.

Dave Barnes '45 and Hank Arthur '48, now in the business school, take on a MacVicar-Brown combination in the 100-yd. freestyle. In the 100-yd. backstroke, it will be Fred Glynn, Arthur Phinney, and Dave Murray for the Alumni against Tom Woods and John Steinhardt, Ulen's current proteges. Don Ulen, Hal's son, and Julius Vielman, a ringer from this year's varsity, will be in the 100-yd breaststroke against Chuck Hoelzer and Larry Ward.