Winter Teams Get Going Under Full Steam This Week

There'll be more Crimson teams operating in Cambridge this week than you can shake a cliche at as the winter sports squads get going in earnest. The varsity squash team starts things off this afternoon when it meets the Harvard Club of Boston, and tomorrow night, the varsity and freshman basketball teams both open their home seasons against North-eastern at the Blockhouse, and the hockey team goes after Brown bear at the Arena.

Thursday, Jaakke Mikkola's mile and two mile relay teams (varsity and freshman) dual Rhode Island State at Briggs Cage, and the freshman squash unit crosses the river for a match with the Busy School. Friday, both squash teams head west for competition against Amherst, and the freshman hockey sextet takes on Newton High School at the Arena.

Saturday is the big day. The varsity and freshman wrestling teams open their seasons at MIT, the track team plays host to Northeastern and B.U., the swimming team opens here against the Alumni and Bill Barelay's quintet plays at Navy.