Teams Infiltrate South For Vacation Imbroglios

The last time John Harvard went south, he came back on a stretcher. Next week in the person of four teams, he heads for Dixie again and if the Crimson squads win seven contests among them, John will have escaped with his scalp.

Leading the parade will be Coach Adolph Samborski's 20-man squad of Varsity baseball players. The Crimson nine leaves Sunday for the already-green fields of the South, and whether it is victorious or not, it will return groggy.

Six games in six days is the schedule facing the team, with a couple of hundred miles of travel between each game thrown in. Coming up first is Johns Hopkins, down in Baltimore on Monday. Then follow contests with the University of Maryland, George Washington University, the University of Delaware, Villanova, and Temple.

Samborski is not making any predictions about the outcome of the tour. He doesn't know much about the strength of the opposition, but he does know his own team's shortcomings. To win ball games the squad will have to hit the ball a lot harder than it has done in practice.