Lacrosse Team Steeled for Today's Skirmish With Strong Tufts Quartet

In 1945, bolstered by a horde of brilliant lacrosse-playing V-12ers, Tufts swept through Harvard and everyone else in the New England League to win the title. But the V-12 men have long departed from Medford, so the Varsity lacrosse team will play only a moderately good Jumbo squad at four o'clock this afternoon on the Business School Field.

Since last year, however, Tufts has come up with two shining lights--Ed Sigler, a former V-12 player, and Jim Bennett, another attackman. The latter scored five times against B.L.C. in the 11-10 decision the Jumbos recently dropped to that local aggregation. Apparently, sigler is the playmaker and Bennett the man he passes to.

Man-to-Man Defense

Tufts plays a close man-to-man style of defense, so the game will probably be a rough one. But when it comes to body-checking, the Crimson quartet of bruising defensemen, Bob Forsythe, Bob Snow, Don Louria, and Jim Graham will probably get the bargain.

Midfielder Peter Withington has caught a cold and will be unable to see action today, but his loss will be compensated for by the return of Paul Davidson, last year's Freshman captain.