Weeks Keeps Council Post

Fischelis, Burke Also Win Offices

William D. Weeks '49, of Dunster House and Boston, was re-elected as President of the Student Council last night. His second term will start next fall when the 1948-49 Council takes office.

Elected with Weeks were Robert L. Fischelis '50, of Kirkland House and Germantown, Pennsylvania, as Treasurer, and Edward F. Burke '50 of Matthews Hall and Providence as Secretary.

Election of officers was the first official action of the newly-elected Council. It took place at the start of the final meeting of the lame-duck 1947-1948 Council.

Weeks was first chosen president on March 1, following the resignation of Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46. His only opponent last night was Lawrence F. O'Donnel '49.

Fischelis Also on NSA

Fischelis, the only man nominated for his post, has held his Council seat since February, and will serve as a College delegate to the National Student Association next fall.

Burke, who was opposed only by Amory Houghton '50, has been a Council member since November, and has chaired the Extra-curricular Activities Committee.

Working straight through until midnight, the Council managed to finish up all its business for the term, and, with several rounds of applause for old and new members and the two-term president, it turned over the Phillips Brooks House office to its successors.

New Student Question Put Off

The problem of the New Student magazine was put off until next term, with the Council requesting the Dean's office not to put into effect new rules on College organizations until the Council has time to complete its own recommendations.