Samborski Plans 'Leagues' For House Grid Contests

House football will be played differently this year. The helter-skelter days of the round-robin schedule have yielded to a streamlined two-league system that Coach Dolph Samborski hopes will "increase interest and speed up the season."

Samborski will explain his plan to the House Athletic Secretaries this afternoon and may name the teams in each league to the 125 pigskin handlers expected to meet tomorrow on the lower field. Under the plan Eliot and Kirkland, two perennial threats, will probably end up in different leagues.

Kirkland Still Strong

The Deacons are once again expected to field the highest proportion of players for tomorrow's initial practice. But with the new system, their reserves might not play a too important part in a schedule that prevents any squad from playing over six contests.

A "Little Rose Bowl" tournament at season's end between the two top teams in each. House conference would decide the ultimate champion. The victor then would take his chances in the traditional clash against Yale's top college squad.

Consolation contests will also be arranged for the third and fourth teams in each division, giving them a chance to take on their other-league counterparts and pull themselves up in the inter-House point scoring system.