Four Youngsters Storm Briggs Hall To Demand Repeat of Xmas Party

Briggs Hall residents got a boomerang "thank you" for their pre-Christmas party for settlement house children when a quartet of seven-year-old boys descended on the dorm last Sunday for more Radcliffe entertainment--and ice cream.

The four (from the Cambridge Neighborhood House) took out for Briggs to see Barbara Blessing and Martha Martin, both '52, who had taken special charge of them during the Christmas party. Dorm residents found out that the boys had come directly after church, skipping dinner to get to Driggs in time for the afternoon activity. They were too late, however, for dinner; so girls resurrected dessert remnants for refreshment. Afternoon activity turned out to be cards and sporadic banging on the grand plano.

Betty K. Heaton '51, chairman of Radcliffe's Community Service organization, announced posterday that the group would back plans for similar dormitory parties next year. "This year's parties were so successful that the practice should be continued next year," Miss Heaton said. She added that off-campus houses and dorms which had entertained children in pre-Christmas parties received letters of appreciation from local Community Service agencies encouraging similar festivities next year.

Assorted seven-year-olds from the Margaret Fuller House in Cambridge wrote personal "thank you" notes to residents of 20 Walker st. Typical of some of the letters are the following, quoted in the original:

Dear Teachers.

I had a nice time at the party. Thank you for playing games. I enjoy the ice cream, Christmas present. I like the candy and the Jinger ale, had fun with the magic art game. Thank you for everything   sincerely

Dear Teachers

How are you, how is aunt chip and everyone else. I am having fun at home. Thank you for the nice party I had a nice time playing games. I liked the ice cream and candy and cookies and ginger ale. I liked the Christmas presents. I had fun with the magic art game, thank you for everything. I sent the car as a white rapped gift over to Europe for the poor children. see you next year. wright soon.   Sencurly yours.

I hope you had a nice Xams and Happy New Year

Dear Teachers

We are writing to you to tell you thank-you for those presents. gee that party wase so nice wish we could have one every day. my presents were so nice. and the goodies were good too. When Claudia broke the bag the nuts came tumbling down on my head. the chair game was nice too. poor me got left out. all the teachers was nice to us. and all the teachers were pretty too. I had presents for some of the teachers too and I was going to give the teacher one next year to. but I did not know where you lived.