Tired Freshman Skaters Tie Wellesley High School, 3-3

Harvard's freshman hockey team, tired from Monday's victory over Arlington High, stalemated Wellesley High, 3 to 3, on the Arena ice yesterday.

The contest, originally scheduled as a scrimmage, kept the freshmen's unbeaten record intact, but it was the first time that any team has matched them in five games this season.

As in the Arlington game, the second line garnered the glory yesterday. Second stringers Ned Harris and Jack Snolling registered two of the Crimson's three tallies.

Three Bad Breaks

What Coach Stan Priddy called "three bad breaks" for Harvard gave Wellesley their tying scores--two in the first period, when Harvard was still warming up, and one in the second.

The Harvard forces started moving in the second period, when Dick Whoriskey scored at 0:29. Then for five straight minutes the Crimson swarmed around Wellesley goalie Stockbridge, but were unable to land. A goal by Wellesley was matched by Harris' score at 15:50.

Harvard also had the offensive edge in the third, but only Snelling succeeded in getting the puck past Stockbridge.

Today the freshmen play Andover at 2 p.m. at the Arena. Priddy said yesterday that he "doesn't anticipate much trouble" with the young, and so far unimpressive Andover youth.

Harvard scrimmaged with Andover last month, and Priddy reported that today's opponents did not put up much of a fight.

With his first line hampered by the illness of right wing Rip Lynch, Priddy is experimenting with his third string men to find a suitable third line. The coach made frequent substitutions Monday to observe third line possibilities in action.

Score by periods:   1  2  3 t Harvard  0  2  1--3 Wellesley  2  1  0--3