Jordan Rules Out Somerset as Site For 'Cliffe Prom

Radcliffe President Wilbur K. Jordan has vetoed junior and sophomore class plans to hold their joint spring formal at Boston's Hotel Somerset, junior class vice-President Eleanor Larsen announced yesterday.

All previous dances have been held in the Agassiz Living Room, and there is no reason for breaking the tradition, Jordan claimed. Dean Mildred P. Sherman transmitted Jordan's decision to the prom committee.

The two classes had not definitely decided on the Somerset but were planning to have a poll on the issue this week. The dance is scheduled for February 25.

No Student Gov Prop

Junior class President Joan Anable '50 first brought the matter up at the Student Council meeting January 5--at which Miss Sherman was present. Several girls had suggested staging the dance at the Somerset and Miss Anable asked for the Council's reaction. Council referred the matter to the administration, adding that Student Government could in no way aid the classes, should a monetary loss be incurred.

Luretta Davis, president of the class of '49, stated last night that "the seniors would love to have their spring prom at the Somerset too, but don't have the funds."

The merger of the junior and sophomore events has been undertaken as an experiment this year.