Council Will Swap Tickets; Bingham Reports on H A A

The Student Council voted last night to run a football ticket clearance center through which students who want to soll or buy Army game admissions can find other students in the same boat.

This action on the ticket situation was termed "emergency" by members of the Council, who explained that they thought the service should properly be a function of the Harvard Athletic Association. The HAA is bound to conform with an Ivy League ruling that no ticket prices shall be refunded, but several Council members stated that they considered the clearance service which they are sponsoring this week to be "in the demain of Bingham."

Students who wish to sell tickets are to leave their names and seat locations with the Council secretary Harvard extension 2179). Ticket seekers must climb to the Council office in PBH, however, where they can peruse the list of would be sellers and go out to make their own deal without the help of the Council.

One Drive This Year

Also at last night's meeting the representatives voted to hold only one Combined Charities drive this year, with a goal of ten dollars per student, rather than the two separate drives at five dollars each which were provided for in legislation passed last spring on the motion of Frederick D. Houghteling '50.

Houghteling tried to defend his as yet untried motion, which was designed to bring more money this year to the Council's charities and service fund by the easy payment plan. He pleaded against the "hasty action" of the group.

Another of the Council's accomplishments was the approval of the election of Robert F. Fuller '50 as new chairman of the College NSA chapter, Fuller was elected by the other NSA delegates.

Council President Edward F. Burke '50 announced after the meeting that the ticket swapping service would be available from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, and from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday.