Green Horde Comes Today; Yard Cops Ready Defenses

Tomorrow is a legal holiday in Hanover, New Hampshire, and Chief Alvin R. Randall of the University police has alerted his entire force in anticipation of the 53rd invasion of Cambridge by Dartmouth hordes.

"We don't anticipate any trouble," Randall said yesterday, "but if they do try anything, we're ready to nab them."

For "accurity reasons," Chief Randall did not disclose the nature of his precautionary measures, except to say that he'll use the same tactics which proved successful last year.

Randall declared, inscrutably, "There are certain colleges we're little more skeptical of than others," and both the uniformed men and the plain-clothes operatives have been warned to watch out for them.

Stand By the Old Man

Allan Lee Whitman Jr. '53, who is in charge of the Weld Hall Committee for the Defense of the John Harvard Statute, plans to have several men on all-night vigil tonight in case invaders slip past police.

Dartmouth attempts to attack the College are expected to be especially desperate this year because of setbacks in the Yard for the past two years.

Reports from impeachable sources have come down from Dartmouth that the entire student body (with the exception of 75 pre-med students who will be taking an exam tomorrow) is on its way to Boston.

Although things were relatively quiet last year, in 1947 the CRIMSON exposed an Indian plot to dye the Charles River green.

The NSA has printed 2,000 copies of its first edition of "Your Weekend at Harvard" for distribution to visitors from Hanover by the Green Key. The two sheet document contains a list of restaurants and "night spots," a map of the College, and a schedule of events.