Yard Film Debut Halted by Clouds, Continues Today

Twenty-five student "extras" waited on the weather for an hour and a half yesterday morning before Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer finally decided that the sky was too cloudy for the first day's shooting of "Mystery Street." Weather permitting, the Yard scenes of the MGM crime drama will be shot today.

The semi-documentary film, originally titled "Murder at Harvard," concerns the work of the University's Department of Legal Medicine.

All shots in the Yard, Producer Frank Taylor said yesterday, will include only Harvard students. "The University has ruled out any scenes showing either Radcliffe girls or perambulators," he stated.

After taking the Yard scene, the MGM cameramen will also shoot some sculls on the river today before moving on to Boston and Cape Cod where the rest of the action is laid. Life Magazine will also be on hand to watch MGM take its pictures of Harvard.

"This New England weather is too much for me," Taylor also said after yesterday morning's unsuccessful attempt to start work. Accordingly, last night he took a plane back to Hollywood.