4 Men Sought For Salzburg Seminar Jobs

Positions Open to Juniors and Seniors, Will Require work Here and at Austria Session

The Salzburg Seminar is looking for four undergraduate administrators to handle arrangements for the 1950 summer session, it was announced last night. The positions, which are open to Juniors, and Seniors require work throughout the college year in Cambridge as well as the actual management of the school in Austria for the six-week summer term.

During the winter the staff will raise money, purchase books and food, and arrange transportation of the American faculty and administrators to Austria.

Candidates should apply at the Council Office today through Friday between 3 and 5 p.m. Final selection will probably be made early in November.

Council Sponsored

The seminar was started three years ago by three graduate students in the University as a school of American studies for Europeans. It is sponsored by the Student Council land draws its staff entirely from Harvard, though the faculty is chosen from college and universities all over the country.

Held at Schloss Leopoldskron just outside the Austrian city of Salzburg, the Seminar has about 100 European graduate students and 10 faculty members each summer and offers courses in American government, history, economics, sociology, anthropology, literature, music, and art.

This winter, the Seminar is holding an eight-month studies program. Each month will be devoted to one aspect of American culture. Groups of 50 students will attend the sessions, conducted by American teachers.