Eliot House Care Committee Launches 1949-50 Campaign

The Eliot House Care Committee an organization set up last year to send CARE packages and other necessities to European students--this week opens a drive to top its 1948-49 total of $870 in contributions.

Tentative plans have been made to help at least three groups: the "Hot Universitaire Alsyfonds" an organization set up in Holland to help students fleeing from Eastern finish their education in Holland's Universities; The Scuola Citta Pestalozzi, an experimental school in Florence's most overcrowded and poorest districts for the aid and education of orphans and children of poor families; and a central aid committee in Paris which relays specially prepared packages to tubercular students in universities throughout France.

The House Committee also hopes to reach students and teachers who traveled in Europe this summer, and who have made particular note of students and schools where aid might be sent. Operating through CARE and the Unitarian Service Committee, the organization has, in the past, aided students and groups in France, Italy, Holland, Poland, Czechoslovakia and Austria. Over 100 dollars was last year send to aid student DP's at Heidleberg.

Posters and displays of letters of appreciation, as well as photographs of actual distribution of packages will be on display in Eliot this week.