'53 Crown Still Undecided; Lionel, Holworthy Leading

Yard championships remain in doubt as yet, as the Freshman Intramural Touch Football Tournament goes into its final week.

In the National League, Lionel remains undefeated and untied, but Mathews North is also undefeated and has been tied only once. The two teams are slated to play each other this week.

The winner of the game will be champion of the league. If the game results in a tie, the championship race will be tied and they will have to hold a playoff game.

Mathews and Lionel are rated as equals, despite the slight difference in their records. Mathews has scored 132 points to their opponents' 26, while Lionel has made 85 as compared to their opponents' 12.

American League the Same

In the American League, the situation is exactly the same, since Holworthy is undefeated and untied and Straus North is also undefeated but has been tied once. The winner of the scheduled game between the two teams will be league champion, but Straus North must at least tie Holworthy in order to tie for first place.

Local sportsmen give the powerful Holworthy six a two-touchdown edge over Straus, since they shut out Mower, 47 to 0, and Mathews South, 61 to 0. Holworthy is the highest scorer in both leagues, with a total of 161 points scored to their opponents' 86.

The two league champions will meet later in the week to deciide the yard championship. The other remaining games in both leagues will have no bearing upon the championship.

Thayer South and Hollis, who are fourth and fifth respectively in the National League, are the only other teams that have over .500 averages. AMERICAN LEAGUE STANDINGS Team  Wins  Losses  Tles Holworthy  0  0  0 Straus North  5  0  1 Weld North  3  3  1 Mathews South  3  4  0 Wigglesworth  2  4  0 Mower  1  4  1 Thayer Middle  1  5  1 Stoughton  1  6  0 NATIONAL LEAGUE STANDINGS Teams  Wins  Losses  Tles Lionel  7  0  0 Mathews North  6  0  0 Thayer South  5  8  0 Hollis  4  2  2 Weld South  3  4  0 Grays North  2  4  1 Thayer North  2  5  0 Straus South  0  7  0 Massachusetts  0  8  0