Council Wires Yale Dean on Closed Dances

Not Like Harvard's Treatment Of Yale Men Says Message; NSA Charlers Xmas Flight

The Student Council sent a telegram last night to Dean of Yale College William C. DeVane asking him to clarify the status of Harvard students at the dances being given by the Yale residence colleges Saturday night.

In the message the Council mentioned that it had heard "only a few (Harvard men) will be admitted" and that "this is not in accordance with Harvard's policy toward Yale men when the game is in Cambridge."

According to present arrangements, outsiders must be guests of residents of the colleges giving dances in order to be admitted. Exception is made in the case of Eliot House residents which have been invited to a dance being given by their "brother house" at Yale"--Jonathan Edwards College.

NSA Charters Plane

Also at last night's meeting Robert F. Fuller '50, Chairman of the Harvard National Student Association delegation, announced that the group will charter one TWA plane to fly students at reduced fare to San Francisco by way of Chicago this Christmas vacation.

Fuller said that TWA has promised one plane on a trial basis, and if enough students are available to fill it, the saving will be "around $100" on the round trip to San Francisco.