Eliot Takes Title, Beating Puritans; Deacons Victors

Finishing their undefeated season in a manner typical of their earlier play, the Eliot House football team defeated Winthrop House, 35-2, yesterday and thereby dropped the Puritans two positions in the final standings.

In the other game Kirkland trounced Lowell, 12-0, in the battle for sixth place.

The Eliot eleven was able to score almost at will. Jim Rossiter led the way on two long touchdown runs, but a mixture of passes and deceptive line plays netted five touchdowns for the league leading Elephants. Jim Lowell converted five times.

The Kirkland-Lowell game was marred by a muddy field which forced both teams to give up their usual ground patterns for pass offensives. Both Deacon tallies were scored after punts had given Kirkland the ball deep in Lowell territory.

On Friday, Eliot will meet Yale's Davenport College in the top contest of the inter-college meetings. Davenport, like Eliot, works its attack from a T formation but has turned in low scores all year.

Adams, second in the local standings, will play Saybrook while Winthrop tackles Jonathan Edwards. Berkeley and Kirkland will renew theier traditional rivairy while Lowell and Trumbull and Leverett and Timothy Dwight are the other scheduled contests.

Although Eliot House has been rolling up high scores all season, the other House teams have been in the lower scoring range, with line play the key factor in the top bracketed team's favor.

Like Yale, the Crimson teams are distributed among the T and single wing disciples.