Final Week Starts With Light Drill

He Didn't Play Well; Says Valpey of Brown Game: Cass, White Out

This last big week of football practice began quietly yesterday afternoon, with the varsity squad running through loosening-up practice before retiring to watch movies of Saturday's game.

Many players were bumped up in the Brown fracas, but at this point Art Valpey is only willing to commit himself on the status of two men: John White and Dan Cass join Charlie Walsh as definitely ineligible to face the Elis. The doctors will release word on the other doubtfuls tomorrow.

Since the coaches haven't finished dissecting Davey Nelson's scouting reports on Yale as yet, the light practice was confined to non-contact offensive drill, with the linemen putting in a little time against the dummies. A couple of laps around the practice field ended the outdoor work for the day by 4:30 p.m., after which the squad retired to the Field House for an illustrated lecture on its failures against Brown.

Valpey Commente

Valpey had only one comment about last Saturday's defeat. "We didn't play well." He was even more restrained concerning plans for Yale, saying merely that the Elis had "several offensive patterns" to prepare against.

Among the visitors at practice were Chip Gannon and Nick Rodis, both of whom are now coaching at American International. Davey Nelson, however, left Cambridge for Maine immediately after filling his Yale reports with his former boss.