14 Fall Sports Teams Hit New Haven Today

Varsity Booters Favored Over Blue; Teams Have Confusing Records

By Douglas M. Fouquet

Two teams which have won the ones they should have lost and have lost the ones they should have won come together at 2 p.m. this afternoon in New Haven when Harvard and Yale renew their soccer rivalry on the varsity field behind the Bowl.

Both Crimson and Eli booters will bring enigmatic records-into their annual battle. Yale beat Dartmouth and tied Brown, while Harvard was losing to both these teams. But Harvard topped Navy, a squad which had no trouble at all with the Blue.

Because their five-and-five season's record is better than the Elis' three six and two mark, Coach Bruce Munro's players will enter the game as the favorites. Perhaps the biggest asset on the Crimson side is its performance Tuesday of this week, when it mauled M.I.T. by the unexpected score of 9 to 0.

Munro hopes his squad will thus have plenty of reason to be up for this one, but just the same he has little reason for overconfidence. Yale's early season injuries are healing, and there's plenty of fervor in the Eli camp as the result of last week's 1 to 0 triumph over Princeton.

One more item on the Eli side is the fact that it has a tremendous advantage in scouting. No one from Harvard has seen Yale play, but veteran Yale coach Wait Leeman will know almost everything there is to know about the Crimson. His chief scout--and he has scouted every major Harvard game--is James MacDonald, Harvard's coach of two years ago.

Comparing the two teams' style of play doesn't prove anything in particular. Both teams play the same kind of passing game, and each team's game runs hot and cold. HARVARD  YALE Batchelder (c.)  g  Ruckgaber Harrop  rfb  Van Vleck Scully  lfb  Aphanassiades Panteleoni  rhb  Sanunders Drake  chh  Reeve Miller  lhh  Dunne (c.) Goldstoein  or  Stolz Spivak  lf  Sloat Drehnnel  cf  Irwin Weliss  II  Grunner Wolf  of  Cordes