Local Partisans Follow Team By Plane, Train, Auto, Bus

If his wheel hadn't collapsed when it caught in a downtown trolley track yesterday, David K. Specter '52 would have bicycled to New Haven today for the Yale game. Others are using loss hardy modes of transportation.

Some space, at $5.95 per head for a round trip, is still available on a "Yale Special" that the New York, New Haven, and Hartford is running from South Station at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. The return trip to Boston will leave New Haven at 5:15 p.m.

Almost 500 College car-owners are expected on the roads and R. S. Robie's fleet of 40 cars is fully rented out for the weekend. Massachusetts State Police announced last night that all available men will this afternoon begin a weekend vigil on the highways to guarantee safety.

American Airlines said last night that it had seats left on a plane leaving for New Haven at 8:36 a.m. tomorrow.

Greyhound Bus Lines reported that coaches for the Yale game had already been hired by the University Travel Service and by the Band. It will also run buses to New Haven every hour on the hour.

Special trains are being run to New Haven by the Boston and New York Harvard Clubs. The Boston club hired ten cars for 480 members who will leave South Station at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. Four hundred and fifty New Yorers will move out of Grand Central at 11 a.m. in eight coaches and a bar car.