Swimmers Battle Army for Chance at EIL Title Tonight

A chance to keep within reach of the Eastern Intercollegiate League swimming championship will be at stake at 8:15 p.m. tonight when an underdog Crimson team meets Army in the Indoor Athletic Building. If Coach Hal Ulen's boys win, they will probably go into the Yale meet undefeated, as they did last year.

Army swimmers have lost only to Yale this year. Meanwhile they have beaten a Dartmouth squad, and throughout the season have turned in a number of times better than the varsity's.

Medley Relay Looks Good

Tom Woods, Larry Ward, and Joe Fox, who perform the backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle, will swim the 300-yard medley relay in the meet opener and have a good chance of winning.

Woods and John Steinhart will start in the 150-yard backstroke event, with Army captain Ed Townsley as one of the foes. Chuck Hoelzer and Ward will compete in the 200-yard breaststroke.

Ted Norris and Captain Jerry Gorman will face the Academy's Jack Craggie, national junior distance champion in the 220 and 440-yard freestyle races.

Shep Brown will compete in the 50 yard, 400-yard relay, and 100-yard freestyle events, with Mort Hull entered in the 50, and Bob Berke in the 100. These three men and Bill MacVicar make up the starting quartet in the freestyle relay.

Win Briggs and Gordon Weir, who outscored Navy's divers last weekend, will be on the springboard again for the Crimson.