Tootell Sets New Record; Crimson 6th in Heptagonal

Crimson track and field men finished sixth Saturday night in the second annual Heptagonal Games which saw nine meet records fall as Army emerged on top of the 10 team heap with 5 1/2 first places and 54 5/6 points. Yale came in second with 44 points, Cornell third with 27, Princeton fourth with 20, Pennsylvania fifth with 16, and Harvard sixth with 15 1/3.

Geoff Tootell set a new Harvard record in the shotput with a heave of 50 feet, 8 inches. He placed second.

Other Harvard men who placed were: Pat McCormick who arrived fifth in the 45-yard hurdles; Andrew Lockett tied with Andrew Kirk of Penn for fifth in the pole vault at 12 feet, 6 inches; Robert Forsyth finished third in the 35-pound weight throw with a 53 feet, 11 1/2 inch toss; and Howard Reed placed fourth with a heave of 51 feet 5 7/8 inches; Donald Trimble finished fifth in the shotput with a throw of 48 feet, 9 inches; David Carter jumped 22 feet, 6 inches to place third in the broad jump; and John Harrigan was tied for fifth place in the high jump with Roger Hillas of Dartmouth. Both cleared 6 feet.