McCurdy Returns to Varsity Five for Game at Princeton

By Albert J. Feldman

Walt McCurdy returns to the starting lineup tonight for the first time in two months, as Bill Barclay's varsity basketball team travels to New Jersey to meet Princeton. The Tigers hold the number two spot on the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League ladder, one rung below Yale.

The shift puts McCurdy at forward in place of Bob Bramhall, who was held scoreless Saturday night against Yale. Walt, playing a reserve role all season, has been among the team's leading scorers in recent games.

"It's a problem of fitting him into our offense," Barclay said last night. "When he's hot, Walt's a good man to have in there, but when he is off, then he hurts the team's attack."

The rest of the starting lineup is the same as it stood against Yale. This means that John Rockwell will be the other forward, Bill Prior will handle the pivot spot, and Chip Gannon and Dick Covey will be at guard. Covey draws the tough assignment of guarding George Sella, key man in the Princeton attack. Stopping Sella would give the underdog Crimson squad a much improved chance for victory.

The Tigers have a seven and three record in the EIBL, and an overall account of 12 and 8 for the season, including a 51 to 46 win over the Crimson.