Dean Wild May Receive High Northwestern Post

Dean Reportedly Offered Post Of Vice-President in Charge Of Faculty; Evanston Silent

Payson S. Wild, Jr., Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and professor of Government is slated for the post of Vice-President in charge of Faculty at North-western University, it was reported yesterday.

Dean Wild last night refused to confirm or deny reports that he would resign from the University to assume the Northwestern job, stating that "there is nothing I can say at this time." And Franklin B. Snyder, outgoing president of Northwestern, alternately refused comment and denied that any appointment had been made. Other University officials at Evanston also declined to comment.

Cambridge Sources Persistent

Despite these statements, sources in Cambridge were persistent yesterday in reporting the news. It is known that Northwestern has just undergone an administrative reshuffle. Roscoe Miller, former Dean of the Medical School, has just been appointed president succeeding Snyder. The post of Vice-President in charge of Faculty has been vacant for some time.

Dean Wild came to Harvard in the fall of 1926 as a student, and got his M.A. in 1927, and his Ph.D. in 1931. He was named assistant professor of Government in 1935, was elevated to the rank of associate professor in 1939, and to a full professor in 1946. In 1943, he was named associate dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and he became Dean in 1946.