Lowell Nine Wins Pennant By Conquering Adams, 4-1

By E. JOUR Otameal

Lowell's baseball team withered Adams, 4 to 1, yesterday and secured thereby the House League pennant, as Jerry Dwight pitched a no-hitter for the Bellboys, and Johnny Goldsmith hammered in three of the Lowell runs and scored the other himself.

Adams batters couldn't touch Dwight's fast ball and his crafty drop. Nine Gold Coasters struck out, and only five reached base, four being walked and one being hit by a pitch.

Goldsmith was the Lowell offense. In the first inning he journeyed around the bases using only his own guile and his opponents' confusion.

He drew a walk and stole second. Then Roger Davis, Adams pitcher, tried to pick him off and threw into center field. While the ball was still being fingered in the outfield, Goldsmith scored the lead-off Lowell run.

2 Score in Fifth

In the fifth inning Goldie tripled to deep left center to drive in the next two Bellboy runs. Then in the last frame he squeezed Frank Lionette in from third for the final tally.

Lionette, Jack Ready, and Duke Gorm- ley singled for the other Lowell hits. In the infield the Bellboys played errorless ball.

The title-holders will face the winning Yale college Saturday in New Haven.

In the other game Dudley's left-handed slow ball artist, Bob Leverone, led the Commuters to a 7 to 3 victory over Winthrop. Miron Goldberg homered for Dudley, and Al McKenzie homered for the Puritans.

Kirkland defeated Dudley, 5 to love, in tennis in the final match of the season