Curwen Sick, Will Not Stroke Against Cornell

Rouner Will Replace Him Saturday; Iselin Out Too, May Not Row

Varsity stroke Bill Curwen was confined to Stillman Infirmary yesterday with a high fever and a possible virus infection, which will almost certainly keep him out of Saturday's dual meet with Cornell.

Sophomore Oliver Iselin, who rows seven behind Curwen, was also confined to his room yesterday, and it is doubtful whether he will recover in time for the race.

Jayvee stroke Art Rouner has moved up to take Curwen's place, with Al Carter filling in at seven. John Hutchinson and Nat Ober have taken over stroke and seven in the reshuffled Jayvee boat.

Rouner, Carter Will Probably Start

These new lineups will almost certainly start in Saturday's race, since Curwen is not expected to leave the infirmary until the end of the week, when crews will be at Ithaca. Iselin may travel with the Harvard contingent, but since Carter has rowed behind Rouner for several weeks he will probably remain there, whether or not Iselin recovers sufficiently.

The Crimson varsity defeated Cornell by 10 seconds in winning the Eastern Sprint championships two weeks ago, but the loss of both Curwen and Iselin makes chances for repeating this feat precarious indeed. The jayvee boat, which also won its sprint race, did not have to face the Big Red, which was eliminated in the preliminary trails, but will undoubtedly have a tough time this week.