Bruce Harriman Will Guide '49-50 Crimson Key Society

Bruce Harriman '50 of Gloucester and Kirkland House, was last night elected next year's president of the Crimson Key Society.

The Key also chose six other officers. Marvin Kraus '51, of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Kirkland House, was picked as the new vice-president. Peter Noyes Toulmin '50, of Dover and Winthrop House, will head next year's Athletic Committee, which sends representatives to meet visiting teams.

Curtis Harvey Jones '50 of Radnor, Pennsylvania and Winthrop House was named chairman of the Key's Non-Athletic Committee, which among other jobs, supplies guides to show official visitors around the University.

The Freshman Orientation Committee will be headed next year by Melvin Howard Chalfen '47, of Cambridge. David Harrison '51, of Lakewood, Now Jersey and Kirkland House, was chosen secretary and Robert Paul Hyde '51, of Belmont, treasurer of next year's Society.

Constitution Ratified

At the meeting, the Key also ratified its new constitution, which will now go to the Student Council for final approval. It will then be sent to the Faculty Committee on Undergraduate Activities for the official okay. The revised charter gives all members of the Key a vote on the organization's policy, and reduces the number of officers from nine to seven.

In addition to choosing officers, the Society also elected 20 candidates to membership in the Key's permanent body. They become the first members who have gained positions on the Key through a competition.