HTW Opens Tonight with Spencer Benefit

The Harvard Theater Workshop opens its 17-day run of "The Tempest" tonight at Brattle Hall with a benefit performance for the Theodore Spencer Memorial Fund. This evening's net will be the first income to reach the fund started last week in order to bring visiting lecturers on the drama to Harvard College.

Established in memory of the late Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory who died last January 18, the fund is being raised by a Faculty committee chaired by the Reverend Frederic B. Kellogg, Chaplain to Episcopal students and Rector of Christ Church.

Ends Student Productions

The first night audience will witness what will probably be the last Harvard Theater Workshop undergraduate venture. The HTW intends to run a full time professional repertory theater in Brattle Hall opening sometime next fall.

Jan Farrand, Thayer David, and Robert Fletcher '50 will head "The Tempeat" cast. Albert Marre 1G will direct and Miles Morgan '50, Jerry Kilty '50, William West '49. Naomi Raphacison, Radcliffe '50, and Judy Haskell, Radcliffe '50, will play supporting roles.