Lacrosse Team Topples MIT, 12 to 6

Estin Sparks Crimson; Munro Primes Squad For Dartmouth Game

The varsity lacrosse team felt dull and logy yesterday afternoon. The players, their minds on the all-important Dartmouth game coming up this Saturday, were definitely not up for MIT.

As a result the lowly Engineers put up a respectable fight, and lost by the respectable (for them) score of 12 to 6.

Nothing went right for the varsity. Dave Abbott suffered an appendix attack right on the field of play; Lew Soule, recovering from separated shoulders, had his glasses broken; Hans Estin had a twisted ankle.

Injuries Pose Problem

Coach Bruce Munro had to play games with his three regular midfields, only one of which was whole. Abbott had been substituting for ankle-injured Paul Davidson when he got the preliminary cramps; Rick Hudner shifted from attack to take his place.

And so on. Only the second midfield, which rescued Dune Mauran from the ROTC, just before game time, and the defense, were complete.

The bright spot of the day was the play of Hans Estin (before he twisted his ankle). He scored four goals and got assists on four more to lead the team.

MIT actually scored the first point, but their cause was hopeless, even with Harvard down for a game, and the Crimson soon pulled ahead. The win was routine, even though attended by many complications.

On the other hand it was the team's first game in over two weeks. Well, the Green will be second.

Yard Lacrosse Squad Loses

Deerfield lacrosse players outran the freshmen yesterday at the Business School field to score a 9 to 6 victory.

Bob Baldwin upheld his raggedly passing team with a smooth performance at attack, but little could be done to with-stand the push of the fast Green and White team.