Six Boylston Street Shops Seek New Square Locales

Six Brattle Street business establishments have been forced to make way for the new branch of Corcoran's department store which will open for business late this summer, according to present plans.

Joe the University Tailor, C. T. Chin and Company, and the Harvard Bookstore are already operating in their new quarters, as the Cambridge Security Company cleared out 9 to 23 Boylston Street for Corcoran's complete remodeling and redecorating plans.

Joe the Tailor and Chin's Laundry are again holding forth side by side, this time at 87 and 85 Mt. Auburn Street instead of 23 and 21 Boylston. The Harvard Bookstore is located in the former Social Security Office at 1248 Massachusetts Avenue, the agency having shuttled off to 2 Trowbridge Street.

The Harvard Square Wallpaper and Paint Company is transferring its hardware goods to what was until recently the Crimson Barbershop. It plans to open up in its new spot Monday or Tuesday, while the owner of the Crimson Barbershop is currently employed on the other side of Briggs and Briggs at the University Barbershop.

Young Lee's Chinese Restaurant doesn't expect to open up at 27 Church Street until the middle of next September, but it will try to make it before College reopens.

Fred Olssen's Art Gallery has not yet revealed its prospects, but it is nowhere to be seen behind its old front at 9 Boylston Street.